Monday, December 5

New to the Shop This Week- Vintage Storage Solutions



No matter what kind of vintage treasure you need some storage for, whether it be dresses, linens, toys or just bits and pieces..I think we've got it covered!



All kinds of vanity cases, suitcases, doctors bags and gladstone bags, from the rusty and crusty to immaculate inside and out.





This has to be my personal favourite though, a 40s case with bakelite handle. We most often see these with the handle in front, which would have been a school case. I think this may have been a beauty case, as the handle is on top and there is a little mirror inside the lid.




Lovely old hat box. We have another which I forgot to photograph, a cardboard one from Myers at Coorparoo with the original recipients details, dating it to 1968.

Ladders. Kitchen or garden, I don't think I need to say any more!


More  baskets than you can poke anything proverbial at.













Old washing machine tub, ideal for a bonfire or perhaps a herb or cottage garden.






This one is designed as a picnic basket, but I think it would great as a sewing basket or to store haberdashery items, as it has 3 layers with lift-out trays and lots of separate sections.





Collapsible clothes airer, somone has thoughfully covered the wooden rails with plastic tubing so the timber doesn't deteriorate, maybe that's why it has lasted so well.

13 comments:

Curtise said...

Yup, you've definitely got the vintage storage solution for every occasion!
I love the 40s case too, and the mustard colour suitcase, and the hat box. Rather partial to the baskets too. Lovely lovely...

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Fabulous items, Kitty. I'll be dragging out our 2 vintage suitcases from the loft, most definitely! Love the idea of re-using the washing machine tub. xx

Jemima said...

I do wish I had some vintage suitcases. The problem is they are so damn expensive!!

mispapelicos said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa said...

Vintage suitcases are my favourite things to collect! I'd quite gladly add the red, yellow & blue ones to my collection, as well as the picnic basket!

xoxo.

polkadotpeticoat said...

Love all those suitcases......my favorite storage ever!!!
can't wait to show you the party pictures!

Tomye said...

I love the hat case and want the vintage drying rack. I so wish I could visit your store:( -T

Anonymous said...

Two of those suitcases look familiar, I posted about my visit. Once again I had a great time visiting, you better watch out you might find me hard to get rid of over time.

Ohh loving the picnic basket by the way.

Vintage Coconut said...

I am a lover of cases!
Suitcases, vanity cases or hat boxes... it don't matter I just love them and WOW do you ever have a fantastic array of them.

Unknown said...

There is nothing i like more than seeing a load of vintage suitcases stacked ontop of one another ;-)) What great colours to. dee xx

Hello Vintage said...

Great collection of suitcases there - amazing. I knew right away what the washing machine tub was as my Mum used to use a ringer washing machine until I was in my mid teens. It was so old fashioned but as we were on rainwater my parents believed it was the way to use the least amount of water.

DearHelenHartman said...

A brilliant solution - and love that tweedy brown make up bag.

doradadama said...

Great suitcase collection!
I need some suitcase's to sit on for photo props, these are lovely vintagey.
Brown make up bag is gorgeous.
Besotes