Monday, August 2

Fair Days

Phew! The 3-day fair is over, and I'm still in recovery mode. Above is a pic of the table set-up. Only half of it is mine; my friend Di has a stall next to me, so we set up together as if we're a joint effort. Di's stuff is on your left, mine is on your right.
 
Above and below, some of Di's stock.
Luckily Di and I think very alike; keen eyes will spot the similarity in our style and props.
Below, my first-night outfit. I got the donut in the right place too! The 1930s silver fox fur stayed on for all of half an hour- it proved far more decorative than practical. Still, I was happy to give him a rare outing. It belonged to my great-grandmother so is extremely special to me.
 
Continuing the fur theme, I wore my rabbit shoes, which are not vintage, only about 15 years old, but I love them anyway. It's quite a novelty to be able to wear this stuff as it's so seldom cold enough here.
Below, my tables.

My favourite new 50s handbag, which, along with the yellow hat, sold within 15 mins of opening.
Next up- what I bought!

5 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Wonderful!

I don't get a chance to wear warm clothes here either. Southern CA, where I live, is very akin to Australian climate (we have a lot of Aussie plants here, so the climate is the same, zone 8 I believe).

Love the purse and the glasses. Has a warm caramel color that is just fab!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Wow looks great, and I know how 3 day fairs are, exhausting huh?

Helga said...

Argh,wanna be there!
Vix will cringe,but I quite like foxy!

Kitty said...

STM, yes, 3-day fairs are bloody exhausting. I can never sleep properly during a fair!

Helga!, you're not far away baby, THE CHALLENGE IS ON!!! Take your holidays in May next year, it's the best month as there are 5 fairs on within 4 weeks. I'm coming to southland NZ next year sometime, just have to wait for VB to get past the nightmare 2yo stage.

Vix said...

Ha! We must have cross-posted, both wearing dead foxes at the same time. I had to hold my bugger, can't have the twins too close to my face.
You look gorge in the frock, glad it went well. xxx