Tuesday, November 29

These Are A Few of My Favourite Things....

There are always so many gorgeous things on ebay, aren't there?!

It's probably a good thing that none of us are wealthy, or we may never be able to stop buying beautiful vintage treasures.And then we'd have to have houses the size of castles to fit it all in...but I digress!

Here are a few choice pieces I've had my eye on lately.


70s statement necklace.




Fabulous gooseneck lamp with fibreglass shades
I'm not usually one for old radios much but there's no way I'd turn this catalin beauty down!




You all know I'm partial to bangles!



Deco carved celluloid dance purse
22k gold and diamond snake bracelet, only $3500 (just in case any of you are rich!)



Deco decanter set, German, by Karl Palda



Deco Egyptian revival bakelite cigarette case




I now regret not buying this stunning 50s lamp :(
Beautiful platforms...which would have been mine if they'd have fit.





1936 Houze glass lamp




I don't know what I'd ever do with something like this...but I love it regardless! 1940s glass taxi roof sign, yes, actually from an old taxi.



50s standard lamp...*big sigh*



More stunning light fittings! I'm rather big on lighting lately, it seems.



Yellow catalin desk set.

Ok that's enough for now, give your keyboards time to recover from the drool splashes please!

22 comments:

mispapelicos said...

Alright I will have the necklace and the blue shoes, you can keep the rest, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ( she fainted)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Curtise said...

The decanter set is the one for me, please. You DID mean that we could all pick something and you'd get it for us for Christmas, didn't you? NO???
With you on loving the lighting, and that Taxi sign is just fabulous! Imagine rigging it up as a lamp, wouldn't that be brilliant?
Lovely things, Kitty! xxxxx

Miss Claire said...

Ohhh! Ohhhhhh! Ahhh! Ohhh, I want that one! Thanks for torturing us, kitty! I want them alllllll! Especially the 70's necklace and the ciggarette case, even though I don't smoke....I could keep saftey pins and tea bags in there. Y'know, in case of an emergency or something. Xoxox

Vix said...

I'm always trying on those chokers in India. I've yet to buy one but aren't they fabulous? Just what my collection is lacking and it is my birthday next week if you're feeling generous. xxxxxxxxx

DearHelenHartman said...

I DID NOT drool over all those goodies thank you very much, I am more ladylike than lk/hndanu;wepjksvm, nburjf/skgfkn. Ahem, sorry, I fell face first onto my keyboard in a swoon. The taxi sign is amazing.

Tasha said...

The deco decanter and cigarette case are particularly awesome!

Anonymous said...

I loooove the lamps especially the dice one! That necklace is gorgeous I can totally picture you or Vix wearin it!
Karlene

Unknown said...

Oh Wow that blue radio i would love to own that what a beauty. And also that red decanter set pretty please ;-)) i will have to check ebay out. dee xx

Vintage Coconut said...

We must have a bit in common because alot of that had me droolin.
My faves would have to be:
*Goose neck lamp
*Radio
*Deco decanter set
*1936 Houze glass lamp
* Taxi top!!! (My God I would want it on the top of my vehicle!) hehe
*50s standard lamp
*Catalin desk set
& The lamp you wished you had bought!!

Ivy Black said...

I want the necklace and most of the lamps. Nope...I want it all!
xxx

brismod said...

My most favourite Christmas list to date! Love all the lighting. xx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Taxi sign please!! I may just affix it to the top of my car...

Helga said...

How DID you know I was frothing at the mouth! That 70's statement necklace at the start has me in a TIZZ! I love it,I love the lamps,I love that bangle(I think you need it) and the snake bangle is quite delicious,and like you,am not normally into radios,but that blue one!OH!
Dang!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

You are my lamp and bangle queen!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit those shoes were meant to be yours but who shrunk them? Jeez! Just stop it with the bags and the rotten huge silver necklace that I would KILL for!!!!!!!!!!!!!! K??xoxox

Lisa said...

You're killing me! This is like my self-same Christmas list!! The dice lamp? The decanter set? The statement necklace? And everything in between. Thanks for sharing all the eye candy!!!!

Ms. Falcon said...

love the first necklace. i would never wear it but it's adorable.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

one denim bird said...

Wow, what a collection, you had at the necklace!!! All fab.

xox

vintage_kitten said...

OMG I want all the lamps.What cool beauties.xx

Unknown said...

Ooh that black and yellow lamp is GOOORGEOUS!

Sarah xxx

Vintage Bird Girl said...

I'm in awe of the gooseneck lamp & the 50's green lamp. I seem to have a lamp fetish at the moment!

citizen rosebud said...

Sigh. Want want want want want. I'll pick the decanter set. Makes me want to drink just looking at it.

Happy weekend to you gorgeous! xo.

doradadama said...

Aye!! Look at all those gorgeous lamps!
Necklace is stunning.
50's green lamp is my fave .
Decanter set is so cool, who doesnt need a taxi lamp.
Luv ya