Saturday, May 14

We're Ba-ack!



Hasn't life been a bit odd without blogger??


It's amazing how much time one can while away delving into this special community of ours, and how much we miss it when it's absent.




Blogger has been acting up for me all week- I couldn't add words or enlarge photos in my last post nor have I been able to comment on anyone elses blog.




Luckily I popped on to Facebook last night to catch up with people as I ended up having an hilarious chat with the fabulous Vix, which cheered me up no end.



This was my shopgirl outfit yesterday. (The pics aren't my best but hey, I was in a hurry!). The dress is one I bought on my Melbourne trip, it's a fully-lined mid-weight crimplene so it's been far too hot to wear it until now.





It appears I now have a bangle for all seasons- or perhaps I should say, for all colours. Whatever, my collection is getting quite big now but I still want more!



I'm also loving these 60s patent leather shoes.

The people I bought them from practically laughed at me when I gasped at their fabulousness- they told me 'only a really old-school retro lover would buy them'.

PAH! I say to that. What other school is there?!

14 comments:

Lyndel said...

only a really old-school retro lover would buy the pffffitttt... I bought them, or very similar to them, 1969 or 1970 in London, so there!!!!
seriously, I love them. good shopping♥

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

My blogger friends have taught me to have a new appreciation for things from the 60's - 70's. =)

I always predicted stuff from the 80's would make a big come-back because the style was so distinctive. Don't laugh, give it another 10 years and it will happen!

the old boathouse said...

You look fabulous as always...those shoes are to die for...sigh xx Katherine

Helga said...

No other school worth thinking about,darl!!
Ha, we have the same post title!!! It was weird,I felt quite lost!!!
I fecking LOVE those shoes,blosom.They're HOT! And the frock is sublime as well!Hurrah for suitable crimplene wearing weather!!!
XXX

Unknown said...

welcome back ;-) I haven't been able to comment for 3 days and have had no blogger access at all for 2 days its been very odd. Lovely outfit and i am digging those shoes ;-)) have a great weekend, dee x

mispapelicos said...

Let´s hope it will be for the better.I lost about 60 comments...ahhhhhhhhhhh
Lovely shoes.
Besos

Vix said...

You look amazing! that dress is so bloody gorgeous and what kind of idiot would turn up their nose as fabulous shoes like that? I certainly wouldn't.
It was so good chatting yesterday, it is strange how bloggers changed our lives and enabled us to meet the most wonderful women we'd never met in real life. xxx

Tiff said...

Those shoes are scrummy! That whole outfit is goegeous!
Hopefully blogger is sorted now! X

Vintage Coconut said...

Cute outfit!

I have a few bangles I really like... one of them is a green chunky one. The makers put a gold film in the inside which I hated so I scraped it all out and now it's sort of a dark translucent-ish.
I loved your reply to my sweatpants on my blog post. lol
YAY FOR COMFORT!!

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Those shoes are amazing, I absolutely adore them. I need to reply to your email but have been avoiding work today because I'm horribly hungover. Don't let me forget to do it tomorrow xx

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

love your sparkly cardigan and red hair! those bangles are awesome! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Suzanne said...

You are FAB! OLD SCHOOL ROCKS!!!

Jennie said...

Hi Kitty,
those shoes are fabulous & I don't usually like white shoes...I think that stems from a fear of getting them dirty, I always roll my eyes when I see some chap parading around in his brand spanking all-white trainers, thinking to myself "mate, they'll be grey before the day is over".
Old school or new school, I'm not bothered.
As long as it's not some fashion parrot, sausage factory school I'm more than happy.
Your new dress is fab & I really like the brooch/pin display dummy in the background, great idea darl.
Take care luv,
Jem
xXx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Love, love your outfit Kitty xx