Wednesday, March 30

Fresh Finds & New Faves

I finally had time and energy to unpack my boxes from last weekends fair today and unearthed a few of the treasures I bought.



How much do you love this atomic lamp!


Obviously Australian-made, it features an Aboriginal man painted under the glaze in what would then have been called a 'native scene'.



Fantastic shape and fantastic condition



No backstamp, but the base is numbered



The gold plastic ribbon shade isn't original, but it will do for the moment. Maybe I'll replace it with another ribbon shade later on, more like this one below.



Next, a 50s candle holder, I already had one of these so now I have a matching pair. Joy!
And I found the exact set of bakelite canisters I've been after, woo hoo!



Here they all are, already up in their place atop my kitchen cupboards. Those who have been following for a while may remember that I've had the spice set for some months now, I'm sure they were lonely by their little selves up there!


I don't know why but the spice set have the names printed on but the big ones have screw-on labels...I guess thats just how they were made!

6 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Until your blog, I'd never heard of those wonderful ribbon shades!

You know I love Art Deco, and I love your canisters!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

Fabulous find I LOVE that lamp! What an amazing shape

Vix said...

Great finds! Particularly loving the new storage jars, the writing is so typically stylish. xxx

DearHelenHartman said...

Don't you love finding a second of something and making a pair? It's like it has come home. The canisters are charming and the lamp - well, I have never seen anything like it! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

wow great finds love the shape of that lamp its like a boat. And your kitchen cupboards are fab to and great canisters.You do find the most amazing things i love it ;-)) dee x

doradadama said...

Great buys,I am love with that fabulosa lamo, the canisters are so kitch,I want some. your kitchen is beautiful.