Thursday, December 30

A Spice Set for All Seasons

More stuff on its way to the shop. I didn't realise I had quite so many spice sets, ah well, no matter what your vintage preference is, I probably have it covered!

1970s set, made in Australia by DECOR.


Classic 50s/60s set by Nally, this company made a huge variety of kitchen canisters, this spice set also has the matching large canisters.

Another Nally ware set.


Yet another Nally set, this style is a bit older. This also come in pink and grey, which is very 50s and the most popular colour.


1930s bakelite set, I didn't realise until I got these home  that they each had their original colour-coded scoops inside. DINKY!!


60s plastic set by legendary Australian maker Gayware. Don't you just LOVE that name! Like Nallyware, Gayware also made full canister sets, spice sets, cake tins, 3-stackers, salt and pepper sets, jam dishes, the whole bit. Aa with Nallyware, lots of colours are available, the most popular are the pink and grey and in Gayware, the bright yellow and black.

11 comments:

Comtesse de ferveur said...

Gosh love all of these - particularly the second set.

Vix said...

I LOVE that third set especially! So vibrant and fabulous.
Loved your pick of Xmas pressies for little old me. A green maxi dress is definately missing from my life.
Wishing you and VB loads of love for the New Year. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

wow... all these are fabolous.. and I love so much the third set!!
great blog!

http://ilfilodiperlevintage.blogspot.com/

mispapelicos said...

Thank you my dear friend for your lovely comments always.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Oooo ahhhh love the second and fourth set!

Sarsaparilla said...

How in the world did you manage to find so many vintage spice sets?!! They're all fun. I agree...Gayware is a great name.

Vintage Christine said...

I, too, am swooning over the fourth set. Can't wait to see the shop, too--it will be amazing. Happy New Year to you and VB!!!!

Ally said...

Wow, these are like eye candy. Seriously. I love them!

Miss Emmi said...

Oh, what I wouldn't give to have a set of Gayware! *sighs dreamily*

Unknown said...

I love them all too - especially the Gayware! I have a 1959 Australian Ladies Journal magazine with a full page ad for Gayware - I'lll scan it and send it to you if you like!

And where on earth do you find them all!?

You have SUCH a good eye!

Sarah xxx

Unknown said...

O WOW my mouth is wide open now i adore those pastel coloured spice jars, i wish i could find things like that here. Dee x