Tuesday, July 5

60s Inspirations

I've been going through my stash of pictures lately (can you tell? ha!), there are many hundreds to choose from, here are some favourite images from the 60s.

There are so many beautiful and iconic photos, women and styles that can inspire us in so many ways- hair, clothing, makeup, photography... each one of us will absorb something different from each picture.


As we know, the 60s was truly the first decade of 'anything goes'; sexuality, morality, artistic endeavour, fashion and music all had many 'firsts'. As such, there are a myriad of images that have remained iconic to this day.

Enjoy!



Twiggy




Penelope Tree for Mary Quant



Monique for Courreges
Hiroko for Cardin



Coco Chanel in 1964



Verushka



Biba
Bibas first-ever mail order dress, as seen in the Daily Mail in 1964 and modelled by the sister of Mia Farrow





Beatle Wives







Paco Rabanne dress







One of the first newspaper nude photos, 1964













Verushka



12 comments:

Nelly said...

You have some great pics there.Can you imagine what the older generation must havethought when the 50s and espaecially the 60s rocked around.Bet they were all disgusted lol

miss vintage love said...

LOVE the Beatles wives pic!! They are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Vintage Coconut said...

So many lovely pics!
I LOVE that tile bathroom *OMG* and the big purple chair!

Lyndel said...

oh such great photos. I was there, I remember it so well! LOL one advantage of being 'old'

I recently purchased a wonderful little paperback by Barbara Bernard FASHION IN THE 60S. I had forgotten how much I loved Mary Quant but also John Bates. Unfortunately it is not easy to scan the pages, I'd bend the paperback spine too much :(

the nyanzi report said...

beautiful images.

Vix said...

I adore the Sixties, I wish I could rememeber them better. I'd die for that Paco Rabanne dress and the jewelled bikini top.
I've never seen that Beatles wives picture before. I'm definitely more of a Stones girl but it is kind of cool. x

mispapelicos said...

sO ARE YOU FROM TODAY IN MINE, YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Lovely pics.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Love the interiors!

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Such beautiful and inspiring photographs. I'll never tire of visiting your blog.

polkadotpeticoat said...

So many inspiring images......Love the 50's and 60's no to the 70's yuck!

DearHelenHartman said...

Now THAT's the way to showcase the 60s! Some great images.

doradadama said...

I loved the 60's make up and fab frocks.
I also never seen the beatles wives poster, all if them look alike.
Last foto of veruska is gorgeous.