Thursday, April 28

New To The Shop This Week

Lots of new stuff in this week!

As always it's a variety, have a look and tell me your favourite/s.




Super-fine hand blown glass perfume bottle.


It has a very unusual motif on it, I wonder if any of you have seen one like this before?
Fantastic 60s serving platter, complete with cocktail picks.





1920s quick cooker by Grimwades-apparently a valuable item these days, see below





I love the instructions all over the lid!





My latest favourite 50s dress. It has the original belt intact but we covered it with this wide piece of 50s ribbon for better colour contrast.




Fabric close-up.





The weather has really turned in the last couple of weeks (todays high temp on the Mountain was only 19, which here is considered practically freezing) so I took a few furs up. this is a super-snuggly fake fur coat.




This is real though, musquash with squirrel tails, quite unusual.

Rare Art Deco solid brass dinner gong with red bakelite in the base, pardon my reflection in the chime there!
I have yet to find a retro dinner gong but I really want one. If you have one, please show and tell!

12 comments:

GhostlyGarden said...

My favourite items would have to be The Art Deco dinner gong1 I love anything a little Art Deco and that's a really quirky piece!

The unusual musquash with squirrel tails looks really nice but I would prefer it to be faux fur as I'm not sure how I would feel having squirrel tails hanging off of me!

The 60's serving platter looks like a fun piece! xxx

Vix said...

I need that serving platter and gong in my retro buffet collection.
Love the fake fur coat and the tooled leather bag hanging up alongside it. xxx

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

How do you do it? You find the best Art Deco stuff!!

You can't score ANY deals on Art Deco here in my area.

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

I love that dress! x

doradadama said...

You find the best shit,My fave is the serving platter and fur coats oh and the dress.want to go shop hunting with you amor.
oh btw
does your friend read Tarot?
if you come across vintage 40's deco fortune telling cards,send them over to me.

Unknown said...

Lovely things but it has to be the Dress for me ;-)) dee x

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I swear your shop looks like the kind of place I could spend a day in! I love that it's turning cooler - yay for fur!! I love the gong and the platter looks like it has real food on it! xo

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Dear Kitty, I absolutely love the dinner gong and I'm extremely taken with that snack plate! Hope all's good with you xx

Marilyn McSweetie said...

oh!!! I want the 50s dress!!!! :)

annimal said...

Oh the dinner gong is a must!! I call all my semi feral cats to dinner with a cow bell, that gong is so much more glam!! Bang a gong indeed!!!

Vintage Coconut said...

I love that 60's serving platter! *How fun*

That dress is gorgeous I have something with sort of the same kind of pattern but less exquisite than yours!

Jennie said...

Dearest Kitty,
your shop ROCKS my socks off!
The 50s dress is so beautiful.
xXx