Wednesday, May 4

40s & 50s Vintage Hats in Store Now



These are a few of my favourite things! For those who don't already know, vintage hats are practically my favourite vintage thing. I love all styles, colours and eras, from flapper cloches to 70s floppy-brimmed sunhats.

Essentially, I think hats epitomise the glamour, beauty and style of eras past, the fact that they are not worn in modern times makes them all the more appealing. The right hat can say so many things about its wearer; cute, fun, daring, femme fatale, demure...or just plain showy!



Here are a few pictures of the latest hats in store.

Or-not quite! I took these pics 5 days ago and have hardly had time to blog. Since then half of them have sold and been replaced. Our customers are now learning that it's a bit of s/he-who-hesitates-is-lost when it comes to vintage hats.

 
But all is not lost! Far from it, in fact, as I have such a big stockpile at home that we can restock whenever we like.


60s pillbox with a double crown, very unusual




I think I'd have to decorate this one if I was buying it, that satin ribbon is just screaming for something sparkly if you ask me.





These wide-brimmed 40s hats are proving very popular, I tossed up whether to keep this one but I already have one similar, see the shape below, I'm sure you can understand why I was tempted!






Cute little 20s bandeau, the lining is all lace which I don't think I've seen before.


Unfortunately I can't show many of the hats in the position that they should be worn- they just slide off mannequin heads, so if any hats look to be at odd angles, that's why!

Fabric close-up, classic 50s gold thread.




Fluffy and fresh for winter, 70s Kangol


My apologies for the lack of comments this week, it's been a busy one for us and I'll be catching up with you all very soon.

12 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

Stunning. Hat are all over here in KLouisville, Kentucky as they are THE big accessory for The Oaks (the race day before the Kentucky Derby) and Derby this weekend. Yours are in such beautiful condition.

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I'm addicted to hats too. That first one is a stunner, I'd love to wear it. xx

fabriquefantastique said...

love that 40s satin and velvet?? wide brim....they are all in such fab condition.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

The Derby is this weekend?! Thanks for the reminder!

Wonderful hats! I wish I had places to wear them!

Vix said...

What beauties! I bet they'd be far too small for my massive head. xxx
PS Thanks for my parcel, it arrived this morning. You are a darling!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely post. Hats are just everywhere at the moment. I love the 60's pillbox i have an original vintage one but mine is grey felt i love it. I only tend to wear hats in the winter i would love to wear one to a wedding but have not done so. But my best friend is getting married next month so maybe i should ;-)) Love the 20's Bandeau such stunning colours but i have to say what would suit me are the wide brimmed ones because of my long hair. Take care, dee x

Anonymous said...

God, some of these are amazing. I just wish I suited hats!

the old boathouse said...

You really source some amazing ones ! my fav is the fluffy one, cheers Katherine

Jemima said...

Gorgeous selection! The lilac one is my favourite :)

doradadama said...

Ay, your killing me with these babies, I want the blue one.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh yes, hesitation makes for a terrible loss when it comes to hats, for sure!!! I nearly passed out at the last one - purple satin with brooch **gasp**!!! xoxo

Vintage Coconut said...

WOWEEE! They are all stunning!

I purchased a hat yesterday whilst garage saling. I will have to show you it in my next blog post. It's sort of odd. lol